Sunday, August 5, 2012

American Revolution and Fair Trade

One more day until Monday! I took a couple vacation hours Friday bc, no surprise, the migraine got that bad.   If this arthrocentesis/arthroscopy doesn't work, I am going to ask for different migraine medicine. It helps some, but obviously I still can't perform normal life while locked. One day at a time.

Something came up in conversation Friday night and this afternoon- how satan works by getting us to feel defeated.   I realized something new this weekend...the spiritual fight isn't the action or situation in and of itself always, warfare is getting us to feel defeated in it.  I realize that is a somewhat obvious statement but its a breath of fresh air to know that relief does not have to wait to come until the situation is better, it can come in the middle of the situation by renewing my mind on what is really going on from an eternal perspective- and the power I still have given to me. 5 illnesses can't take that power away, but I can give up and let it sit there unused.

Anyway, today was a great day of surprises! I went to a DAR 101 (Daughters of the American Revolution) class with a friend to become more acquainted with what DAR does and how to be involved. I think I have found my new hobby!  They have all these committees to be part of, and have enough activities to fill your calendar if you wanted.  I am going to of course just go very slow, the last think I need to to jump into involvement and have my body fizz out on me again!   Once a month meetings and 1 committee sounds fun to me.  Love new hobbies.               I also went to a fair trade type of party at a friend's house, and got some awesome stuff from Ecuador, Uganda, and Ethiopia I think.  Love it.  While there, I ran into a friend I haven't seen in a while and as we were chatting she reminded me of this Bible study she goes to that I had meant to check out. So tomorrow I am going to go and see if its a good fit! I have been looking, so glad to have at least a plan of sorts.

So, all in all this has been a great weekend, and only one day till Monday's oral surgeon consultation, and I will hopefully get the surgery date I am praying for (asap basically) with full medical coverage. That would be Such a load off!!!! We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment