Thursday, August 2, 2012

Resume activities!

I got the news I was praying for today! The foot is 100% healed. YAY!  It hurts, but I have read that it can take up to a year to feel back to normal (and the "do-over" surgery for the midfoot joint was just end of May). Now that I know its not broken I feel like I can deal with any pain of "recovery" because I am not making it worse!  The dr even said I should get feeling back on the top of my foot and toe (I can't feel it right now because they had to move the nerves over to get to the joint).  I don't mind, it is ALL worth it when I realize the arthritis pain I was having.  Each time my left foot hurts I get a reminder of what the right one used to feel like, and it makes all the frustration of this process much less frustrating. :)

I started doing intentional calf exercises today.  I'm not sure how long it takes to repair atrophied muscle, but I have 5 inches to regain! I'm starting relatively slow, just walking and isometric exercises for now. I wanted to break out the Dance Dance Revolution, but that will be more like a long term goal :)

I have almost made it to Monday! Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment