Wednesday, September 12, 2012

gluten free is not for me

I have no idea why, but when I have baked items made from gluten free flour (tapioca, almond, gluten free wheat) I get the worst migraine! I don't know if there is a filler generally used that I'm allergic to, or what but I am not doing the gluten free flour baking stuff.  I made the sugar free tart things w fruit jam, and in spite of a very odd "clinging" or "thick stringing" the cookie had when I broke one apart, it tasted ok.  Then came on the same migraine and stomach ache and general oh my word I want to cease right now feeling.  Happened to me also the last time I tried baked goods I made from gluten free flour type items. (that time i think was tapioca flour).  Anyway, not for me I guess.  But just because I am not doing gluten free doesn't mean I won't be changing the diet drastically of course. I am still going to eat a diet that is of whole grains rather than white flour, and not have all that much of it. yay protein, fruit and veggies. And no refined sugar, refined sugar seems to turn to poison when I eat it! an addictive poison!

Anyway, I came up with a very good non-inflammatory meal plan with enough variety to repeat it each day for a while. So I will try it out and see how it goes!

Today has been one of the more difficult days, pain wise, but even more challenging is the fatigue! oh my word I am SO tired. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone came along and diagnosed narcolepsy! I could sleep anywhere anytime. except in the middle of the night, of course ;) that would be too easy  :)     Tomorrow I give myself the second Humira injection!  They said 2-4 weeks to work, come on 2 weeks!

time to nap now

No comments:

Post a Comment