Saturday, September 8, 2012

New diet

Just got back from Whole Foods. In my cart was almond flour and gluten free wheat flour.  I have no idea if I am wasting my money or not, but I have decided to get on the massive bandwagon and try the whole gluten free concept. At least in what I bake at home!  I am going to try a new recipe with one of those flours, same recipe as sugar cookies but without sugar (and without any other type of sweetener), and with a dab of all fruit jam in the middle :)   sounds good to me!

I think its too early to know what triggers more RA pain verse what keeps it somewhat at bay.  Trial and error! I have already cut refined sugar by about 80% of what I used to have. And I have taken out almost all artificial sweeteners... it hasn't been as hard as I remember it being when I went sugar free for a few year a while back. Maybe its all about the motivation! Pain is a big one.  So is this crazy all encompassing fatigue.  I took a total of 5 hours in naps today ;) haha   Praise God that I have a life situation where I can have weekends off!  I am also doing the whole walk a mile thing at work every day (in air conditioning!). Not doing it on weekends. I might melt in the sun. I want to start stretching more, and once the humira kicks in a bit more, I want to start hand weights again.

BTW! Did you know whole foods sells zero calorie sodas without artificial sugar, they use Stevia!  Crazy brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment